Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cupcakes!

Who love cupcakes? Hahaha! Who doesnt?

These are my homemade delicous cupcakes!




Ive always love to bake and cook. Its only now that I have begun to experiment with the artistic and creative side of visuals not just taste.  So for my first experiment. I started with regular old cupcakes.
  • I got wiltons food coloring from the local craft store or you can get from amazon.
  • I made a home made frosting. The homemade frosting is a buttercream frosting.
  •  I divied up the frosting in seperate bowls. Then added some food coloring and mixed. You will add your coloring to your desire of how much you would like and what color you are looking for.  I add my coloring with the tip of a butter knife.  Then I mix with a fork. This will ensure that you can add more coloring to your frosting without an added mess. Tip: Clean as you go. (frosting will be hard to clean if allowed to harden)
  • Next I rustled up the piping bags and the piping tips I wanted to use.  Then I filled the piping bags with frosting.  Tip: Remember to twist and then tie piping bags. Frosting will spill out.
  • Make your cupcakes. I make mine first before making the frosting. So that way they are baking while you are makin your frosting. Tip: Let your cupcakes cool before decorating.
  •  Decorate and have fun!





Buttercream frosting recipe:
4 cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
1/4 cup of milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup/stick of salted butter
(chef's choice to add further flavor 2tsp. or to taste)
 This recipe will make enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment